A lot of people search for “how to lose weight”, in reality what you want to do is lose is overall body fat. If you cut your arm off, you will lose weight (duh), but losing fat will reveal the muscle underneath. Losing weight is a fast and easy process…because you lose fat and muscle, whereas losing fat is not. Burning fat is hard because there are a lot of factors that account into it such as hormones, stress levels, eating habits, genetics, body type, etc. When I started my weight loss journey, what I did was 5 hours of treadmill…every single day for 30 days. I lost 30 pounds! But the sad thing was most of it was muscle and I gained all of the weight back. Fat loss is something that needs to be taken slow, I learned that a few months ago. It’s a time taking process, you have to believe that it will all workout in the long run. I changed my view on weight loss a year ago when I changed my goals to gaining muscle, which is a whole new subject (which I will talk about in a later post). I realized fat loss is more than just about doing cardio and eating right, its about mentality, if your not 100% committed, then the chances of you losing all that fat is very slim. There are a few ways to lose fat:
- fasted cardio (obviously), doing cardio in a fasted state burns pure fat, because you are not burning calories from things you have eaten from yesterday! I would recommend to do this 3 times a week for 30-45 mins
- eating right (duh), doing fasted cardio or any workout will not benefit you unless you eat right, all you have to do is calculate your daily caloric needs and fill it up by eating proteins, healthy carbs, and healthy fats. The BMR calculator will calculate your daily caloric needs based on your height, age, and your physical activity, here is the link to calculate yours: http://www.bmrcalculator.org
- barbell complexes, this is a high intensity interval training (HIIT) with a barbell, it can also be done using dumbbells. There are many workouts on youtube but the one that worked best for me is this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SnC7wE2hH8
- drinking warm water with lemon every morning, this is a great way to cleanse your body in the morning and to get those vitamins. Drink water through out the day, drinking water curbs appetite and it detoxifies your body!
- multi-vitamins is a key role in fat loss, when dieting people miss out on those key vitamins, so I recommend taking multi-vitamin tablets or gummies
- just be active, getting into an active lifestyle will make you lose weight while you have fun. I love playing badminton, so to get my cardio in, I would go play competitive badminton for a few hours and the time would fly by and I would sweat like crazy!
In conclusion fat loss is something we all wish to do. In the future I will post more about how to lose fat in much more detail with workouts included. Please subscribe and email me if you have any questions. I will upload every week, so stay tuned!