I chose to write this topic today because a person came to me at the gym with this exact question. Therefore I will tell you exactly what I told him, which took some time but he was glad he got to know how. I gave him some tips :
- Body Weight Workouts- body weight workouts are the best for starting strength and for later in life, body weight workouts include push-ups, squats, pull-ups, etc. The thing with body weight movement is you can do variations of it so beginners will not have any excuses to make. This is a great way to build muscle and burn fat
- Barbell Complexes- I have mentioned this type of exercise before, and it is going on once again because of how good it is. Ever heard of circuit training? Well its that but with weights. Thus this is, in my opinion, one of the best way to burn fat and build muscle
- Power Lifting- This is by far anyone’s favorite way to burn fat and build muscle, with compound lifts like bench, squat and dead-lift, not only will you be sweating like crazy, but you will also gain a lot of muscle. A colleague of mine is getting into power lifting, its been a month and he has lost 5 pounds, and gained some pretty impressive strength. A good tip will be to only do compound lifts (which means a lift that requires more than 1 muscle group) because it burns the most calories while building muscle.
- Diet!!!- I can’t stress this enough, a high protein diet is a must, protein will help build the small torn muscles after each workout and make them stronger than before, thus diet is a key!
- Overloading- this is a big one… you have to increase weight by a small amount each week so your strength increases. Overloading gets over plateaus and getting over plateaus is progress
These tips are the truth to building muscle while losing fat, follow these tips and you will get toned. If anyone has any questions feel free to comment and/or email me. These tips I have learned from my mentors and now I am helping people by sharing these tips, so please share and help me mentor those who need it for free!